Saturday, July 21, 2018

"Good Food is like Music You can Taste"

Three cheers for Character Dining! As a performer I have worked at plenty of these locations with my cute little pals but it wasn't until I started working at them that I felt the need to visit them as a guest. I am seriously forever changed by character dining experiences.

Chef Mickey's: Breakfast
Location: Contemporary Resort
Characters: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, & Goofy

This is one place you will for sure need a reservation for. We got ours about a month in advance. My mom, two sisters, Emily, and I all attended this meal together. It was honestly such a fun and memorable time. I loved LOVED loved the character interactions. They seriously make these meals. Character dining experiences are all you can eat which really makes it worth the money. We stuffed ourselves with every single food item on the buffet line. I was in LOVE with the cheddar potatoes. I also really liked the waffles and dessert options. It was pretty loud which I wasn't the biggest fan of but over all I was so pleased with this experience. I give it a 7 out of 10.


Crystal Palace: Lunch
Location: Main Street- Magic Kingdom
Characters: Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, & Tigger

Having worked personally in this location I was not expecting much. Most people working in this location are not huge fans of it simply because there is not a whole lot of space. It makes moving around pretty hard especially with people constantly getting up to get food. I was not sure that I would like it much more as a guest as I do as a CM. I was SO wrong. As a guest this is one of the cutest places to get character interactions as well as pretty good food. I loved the music and the marching as well as seeing my favorite 100 acre woods pals. The characters were on top of meeting guest in a timely manner and the food was always fresh and refilled. Our waitress was quick to fill drinks and check us out when we were ready. I also really liked the desserts. Like. A lot. I give it an 8 out of 10.
Loving the cute honey pot shaped dessert


Piglet with Katie and I
Garden Grill: Dinner
Location: Epcot- The Land 
Characters: Chip & Dale, Mickey, & Pluto

This was another location I had previously worked at before eating at. I brought my mother with me when she came to visit. I love working at this location and thought it would be fun to get to sit and try the food as well as check out the cool rotating deck that the guest sit and eat on. This is a pretty cool little place and honestly I feel like it is SO overlooked. It is really cool because it is on a rotating disk that slowly takes the tables around in a circle and shows different parts of the building including parts of the Living with the Land boat ride. Our waitress was UNBELIEVABLE. She was seriously the best waitress I had ever had on Disney property and as you all can visibly see, I eat on property A LOT. The food was UNBEATABLE. The price was well worth it. The roast beef was my favorite and the potatoes were mom's favorite. The dessert was Strawberry shortcake and cookies. This was also an all you can eat dinning but because of the rotating tables the waitress/waiter brings all the food straight to you. I love that feature. It made it easier for us to be at the table waiting for the characters come by. The character interactions were equally impressive. I loved this place so much that I have been back again multiple times. Which says a lot because there is still so much for me to see. I give this place a 10 out of 10. 
Mom, Mickey, and Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment