Saturday, July 21, 2018

Everything is better when it is Mickey shaped.

Grand Floridan Cafe: Brunch
Location: Grand Floridian Resort


Sydney at Grand Floridan Cafe
Sydney and I decided to have brunch one day at the Grand Floridan Cafe. We need a reservation (as is expected), which was totally fine. It was great to not have to wait for seat. We had wonderful placement right next to the window that overlooked the beautiful scenery of the most high class resort on Disney property. Our waitress was kind and quick. I ordered the Cafe Sandwich. It was an open faced turkey breast sandwich. It was so freaking delicious. Sydney had the  Lobster 'Thermidor' Burger and I had a taste, it too was fantastic. We don't normally have room for dessert but the food was so good that we decided we wanted to have a taste of the dessert as well. I had the strawberry cheese cake and Sydney had the fondu plate. Again, I was far from disappointed. Overall I give this dinning experience an 8 out of 10. 


Cafe Sandwich

Lobster 'Thermidor' Burger

Strawberry Cheesecake

Fondu Plate

Olivia's Cafe: Breakfast
Location: Old Key West Resort

Eating at Old Key West Resort was never something I would have picked for myself since the resort is a little out there. I went with my roommates for breakfast and I have to say that I was pretty impressed with this little hidden treasure. The service was fantastic. The decorations were cute. The food was amazing. The location was beautiful. Everything was great. I had the biscuits and gravy meal with eggs and sausage. Sydney tagged along and had the french toast meal. Both were amazing. Both were filling and tasty. Again, the service could not have been beat. I give this little gem an 8 out of  10. 
French Toast Meal

Biscuits and gravy meal 

Kona Cafe: Dinner

Location: Polynesian Resort
Roommate date 

Let me start off by saying that I love the Polynesian Resort. It is my favorite resort and I love every part about it, so, it was no surprise when one day Emily and I decided to go on a roommate date for dinner at Kona Cafe. It was easy to make a last minuet reservation and actually hoped on the monorail from Magic Kingdom over to eat within 30 minuets of getting hungry. The service was quick and consistent. I was a little disappointed in the food. It wasn't very flavored. I got the Asian Stir Fry and Emily got a sort of sushi. I have to say that while I am NOT a fish eater I did try some of Emily's sushi. It was actually pretty decent. I think if I ate fish I would have really enjoyed her meal. It had some sort of mango sauce which really made all the difference. I would give this place a 6 out of 10.



Port Orleans Quick Service: Snack
Location: Port Orleans Resort

One day a Alexa, Sydney, and I decided to stop at Port Orleans just so we could try their famous beignets. I know it was only for a snack but I have to say how very impressed I was by them. The cast member taking orders was so kind, helpful, and hilarious. The cast member getting our beignets was quick and made conversation with us each individually. I basically died and went to Heaven eating the delicious beignets. I ordered mine with strawberry sauce though I think I would have been just as pleased with the caramel sauce. I seriously would go back out of my way just to get a taste of these tasty treats again as well as try anything else they were serving just to be treated so well again. I give this experience a 10 out of 10.


The best Beignets

No comments:

Post a Comment