Friday, August 26, 2016

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"

For all those who don't already know my Disney adventure is sadly over for this time around. I had to make a tough decision and leave my program. My sweet grandma was diagnosed with what were initially told was terminal cancer. Amazing things have happened since and while she still has cancer in not one but three places, she has chosen to fight, and the doctors have seen miracles happen because of it. Leaving Disney was the hardest choice I have ever had to make. I knew that I needed to be with my grandma but my heart and soul would always remain at Disney. This isn't over for me and I know I'll be back. I was placed on a 6 month "probation" of sorts, where, I can't apply for any part of the company until my 6 months (in January) are over. While this does break my heart, it does give me more time with my cancer fighting warrior of a grandma, and more time to practice for character performer auditions! I refuse to give up on a company that has given me the wings to not just fly, but to soar. The Disney Company is my home and the cast members are my Ohana! I can't wait to see where I head next with this company! My blogs aren't over, as I will still, from time to time, post more about my experience, and more about where I am and what I'm doing! I even have my first Disneyland trip planned for October!


No comments:

Post a Comment